Monday, September 27, 2010

What I'm NOT watching

courtesy of my blog: http://cjferrara.blogspot.com/

I've told you about my favorites from the new TV season, and gee, it's a lot.
The following new shows, in my opinion, are not worth my time. I'm just covering the new season, none of the returning series.

Lone Star. What the F? He's married, and living a double life, and playing both sides of the ZZZZZZzzzz. Good news... I can watch Mike and Molly now. See how that is.

Mike and Molly. The two leads are likable, and the sidekick is funny. But Molly's family is just over the top irritating. I mean if Swoosie Kurtz is bad, you know you got a stinker. I'm upset. This had potential to be a very sweet comedy.

Chase:   I know... I was looking forward to it, too. But it looked as if it would be a different kind of show. Action packed, energetic... nope! Cops, sorry, Federal Marshalls, hunting down a criminal. Procedural. Boring. Call it Law and Order.

Raising Hope, Running Wilde. A good sitcom has a simple premise. Son moves in with a fowl-mouthed father. Five friends hang out at a bar and discuss dating. Six friends hang out at a coffee shop and discuss dating. Both of these Fox shows have longwinded, contrived, elaborate premises. Raising Hope, for example, is about a white trash guy who meets an ex-con woman while she is fleeing from a crazy boyfriend, only to later realize that she's crazy and violent and then she leaves the baby for his white trash, dysfunctional family to take care of, except they are terrible people who could potentially kill the child at any given moment... and on and on.

Detriot 1-8-7 - Procedural. Cop shows depend on you caring about the characters. I don't care about these characters. Simply my opinion.

Better With You - liked it better when it was called "Til Death." And I hated "Til Death." Apparently, the humor comes from the fact that as a relationship goes on and on, you start hating your spouse. It's a COMEDY!

Outsourced - Here's the basis of humor for this show: India sucks. India has no clue about America. That's funny.

Blue Bloods - Pretty good, but nothing unique enough to draw me in. I'm not saying it's a bad show, I'm saying I'm just not into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment