Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12 Days of Christmas -Day 2

Greetings, my true loves! I searched and searched, and found you two turtle doves. You know, love birds. They make great pets. And look, I think they love each other. What? Ew. They REALLY love each other. And they aren't stopping. OK, I'll  cover their cage, and tell you all about the next songs on our countdown.

Our number 11 Favorite tune of magical wonderment is... In Dulci Jubilo. Otherwise known in English as "Good Christian Men Rejoice," or if you're PC, "Good Christian Friends Rejoice." It's a joyous carol that really captures for me the spirit of Christmas. For me, Christmas just sounds medieval  or Baroque. As much as the more modern songs are lovely, the melodies that date back to ancient times are the ones I love best,

Meanwhile, the number 11 piece of burnt fruitcake in the sugar cookies is.... Santa Baby. This song taps into the worst part of holiday gift giving: telling people that you want expensive ridiculous presents, and suggesting that there will be sex involved if they get it. But you know it's not going to happen. This year, we made the patheticness a bit more creepy when Michael Buble included the song on HIS Christmas album. Ewww. It IS Hysterical, however, how while changing the lyrics to be more masculine, it comes off as over compensating.

OK... I'm off to get some French Hens. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment