Thursday, December 29, 2011

12 days of Christmas - Day 4

Whassaaaap? My True Loves! On this... the fourth day of Christmas, I give to you all four calling birds. Now, I will tell you that I had no idea that they would call quite so much until I got them home. And so often and so loudly. Sorry. Oh, well, just like the other birds, feel free to fry these suckers up as well!

Let's get to the important part... the NUMBER 9 Best Christmas song of all time according to all of you all: That would be... I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Wow... In Dulci Jubilo, then It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, then this. When your head stops spinning, I'll tell you that this song is very cute, and sweet. I thought for years as a kid, that this song was about mom cheating with Santa. It wasn't until literally last year that I "got it." I know no elementary school assembly is complete without this song on the program. Which is kinda sick if you think about it.

At the other end of the scale, is the number 9 worst infectious pustule on the face of civilization that is... Frosty the Snowman. Let's face it, it's a dumb ass song! A magic hat brings a snowman to life. Really? A guess we're fortunate that it's a friendly snowman. I think many a horror movie was based on this premise going the other way. He leads them down through the streets of town, and only pauses a moment when the traffic cop yells stop. Really? I think panic would ensue when a living talking snowman is playing around with our kids. Leading them through the streets of town. And what the F is up with all the thumpety thump thumps???

I'm going to Jared. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Frosty was a cute cartoon, but the song is as cloying as saccharine! A diabetes-inducing song! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete