Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's happening in the world?

courtesy of my blog: http://cjferrara.blogspot.com/

First off: MOVIE TRIVIA CHALLENGE. The title of this blog entry is from a movie. Name it!

Second, let's run down the list of current events. I'm behind in my obligation to keep a record of the news for the year.

Earthquake and Tsunami - Devastating. I can't comment on it, because I don't think there's a debate here that I need to take a position on. See my comments about Haiti. All I can add about this one, is that I first heard about it while sitting at a Kia dealership. I was frustrated about an argument I had with my wife, and Bank of America, and all the stress of the things I needed to do that day. Then I saw the news. And like, many people I heard from, it put everything into perspective. I mean, go to Tokyo and tell someone who is now living with radiation poisoning after losing their house in an earthquake that you and your wife don't communicate well, and you have a lot of phone calls to make. See how they react. Exactly! Remember Rule Number 6.

Charlie Sheen - See above about what's important and not. Bottom line. Charlie Sheen IS a star. The lifestyle of a celebrity occasionally involves booze, drugs, and hookers. I'm actually not really surprised by the news that he's this reckless. I also don't CARE that he's crazy. His psychosis is obvious, and what he's doing now is employing political tactics to try and spin his story into a positive light. "Get out there, do some interviews, and explain your behavior." Bad idea. The truth always comes through in the end. He needs help, but we are not the ones who need to force him to get the help he needs. To finally motivate yourself to change, you need to hit rock bottom. And the rocks at the bottom of Carlos Estevez's hole are well in sight. It's good that he was fired. It's good that Two and A Half Men was cancelled. (The show sucked anyway.) It's good that he's now a joke. It's BAD that we're going to all start saying "Duh! Winning!" over and over.

Wisconsin - I've been blogging about hatred of teachers and unions because of the douche bag running Wisconsin. He's now made the dick move of bypassing procedure using political loopholes to get the Collective Bargaining rights of State workers taken away. Is it over? I hope not. I hope the Wisconsin Union takes it to the supreme court. First at the State level, and going up to the Federal Level. Seriously! I hope the Supreme court rules that NO employer, public or private, can infringe on the rights of their workers. Some teabagger on Bill Maher basically said, "There's nothing in the Constitution about collective Bargaining." Maybe not, but it is in the Declaration of Independence: "Among these (inalienable rights) are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." All of which are achieved through collective bargaining.

Libya - Seems as if 2011 is kicking off to be the Year of the Protest. There seems to be an energy in the Middle East just like America in 1968. Between Egypt, Jordan, Libya and Wisconsin; times they are a changing. My concern is that Egypt went down rather easily compared to Libya. Qaddafi seems to be of the opinion that Mubarek is a wimp for caving in to protesters. He, instead, is fighting back. Scott Walker seemed to have a similar attitude in Wisconsin. Thousands of protesters can't stop a douche from his tyrannical agenda.

And on the subject of nut jobs, what is up with Khaddafi? (I intend to spell his name differently each time.) I actually saw a BBC quiz asking you to guess if each lame brained crazy statement was spoken by Gaddafi or Charlie Sheen, and you know, you really can't tell. Caddaphi was crazy back in the 1980s, why did we believe anything would be different now?

Did I miss anything? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment