Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's All Invented - Week 2 - Art of Possibility Ch.1

The Art of Possibility is all about letting go of our imagined perceptions of the world, and replacing them with a more positive perception of the world. Some people may say, "Yeah, but the world doesn't really work like that." That is an imagined perception. There is no real limitation.

I just looked back at past blogs, and I wrote this week's song, "It's All Invented," back in 2009! That's 4 years ago. I've been thinking about doing this project for 4 years. What has stopped me from moving on it? I kept telling myself, "yeah but..." Labeling other priorities as being SO important, that I didn't have time to commit to this project. Meanwhile, I totally did... in reality. However, in my mind, I set myself an imagined limitation that prevented me from moving forward.

The famous puzzle where you connect the 9 dots, in a 3 x 3 square, with 4 lines without lifting your pencil?



We put an imagined limitation on the puzzle that we have to stay within the square. But the solution is to start outside the box! That limitation doesn't exist anywhere but inside our mind.



For the song, I reflected on people I know who make their lives miserable because of things in their own mind. "Marie" LIVES for drama, and at times that she has no reason to be worried or feel threatened, she makes up some. "Joe" is paranoid and believes that the world's out to get him. In the final verse, "Rachel" is my real life daughter Rachel, who has had issues with being bullied in school. "Her Dad" is me, and my problems with work.  Except for Rachel and Me, names have been changed to protect the innocent. My real friends Marie and Joe are NOT, repeat, NOT the Marie and Joe in the song.

Ask yourself: What assumption am I making...that gives me what I see? and then: What might I now invent... that would give me other choices?

It's all Invented Music and Lyrics by Carl J Ferrara (c) 2009

Marie's the kind of girl / Angry at all the world
She's the type who thrives on tragedy
She sees dramatic roles / on all her TV shows,
says, "My life's not like that, what's wrong with me."
Her Mom and Dad had really taught her well:
"Can't you see that life's supposed to be a stress-filled hell?"

Chorus: 
But It doesn't have to be that way,
You can unlearn what you have learned,
It's All Invented Anyway,
So why not invent a better world

Joe's the suspicious kind / he's good at reading minds
He knows what made you say what you just said,
Says, "You're all versus me, / It's a conspiracy
And you're all trying to mess with my head,"
But all his accusations never help,
'Cause what he sees is really coming from himself...

Chorus

Some people think inside the box / it's their downfall
But if you open your mind, you find, there 
isn't any box at all...

Rachel came home from school / feeling like a fool,
Some girl said something that made her cry.
Her dad came home from work / his boss was being a jerk,
Feels like a failure and does not know why.
But you don't look all that bad to me,
Tomorrow will be better just wait and see!

Chorus

2 comments:

  1. Never heard that one before. Very encouraging on a day when I feel tired, gross and discouraged by a lack of accomplishment for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never posted it before. From here on until around March, they're all new. Glad I encouraged you. Share, Like, and Subscribe!

    ReplyDelete