Monday, January 7, 2013

A Song a Week

I, CJ Ferrara, hereby lay down the melancholy burden of sanity and conceive the strangest project ever imagined... I intend to post a video demo of an original song on YouTube every week throughout 2013.

You may be asking... "Why?"  A few reasons...

A) I have all these songs, and I want to write more. I want to be more prolific as a songwriter, and more successful. Songs that live in my head are nice, but if an audience can't hear them, they're nothing. I hope to build my performing chops back up and sort of "Come out" as a singer/songwriter. Hopefully this will kickstart a career.

 2) To meet another New Year's Resolution: To restore my positive attitude. After the crappy year I had (overall) last year, I've caught myself thinking the way that used to depress me. My "Cleanse" to wash out the negativity is to begin an old project again. The book "The Art of Possibility" by Benjamin and Rosamunde Zander has become my self help "Bible." It's a series of practices which are designed to eliminate feelings of competition and negativity, and expand your mind to open it up to possibility. (You'll understand as I go.) My method of incorporating these practices is to write a song for each chapter. Doing this online will keep me honest about it.

 D) I think it would be cool. I'm a little inspired by my friends Sean and Christine Fitzgerald who did the same thing, but with original films. This will be my own "Project 52." I invite you to follow me and help me out. Constructive feedback is good, and I will try not to take criticism personally. I strongly believe in the "Art of Possibility" so I invite you all to share in these practices.

 One obstacle I can foresee is that whenever I try a "do something every week for a year" project, I never keep it up. I have a bunch of original songs that are written already, so these will be used when I haven't written a new song that week.

A journey of 52 songs begins with one step, so here I go, to film my first video. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What's the YouTube channel so I can watch them each week...and maybe help a friend stay on top of what sounds like a great resolution?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Screen Name is Rb4uris. You can also check in to this Blog, and I will post a link.You can subscribe from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are cute. Can I marry you?

    ReplyDelete