Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thoughts from the Emmys 2010

courtesy of my blog: http://cjferrara.blogspot.com (Seriously, please follow my blog!)

The Jimmy Fallon/Glee opening was really incredible. I'll admit it. You all know I hate the show, so this may seem odd. Consider, though that this opening was a good Variety Show opening. AND a great SPOOF of the show. Rarely do openings to Awards shows become good series. Remember the Billy Crystal Sings Songs About Movies fiasco?

People tell me Modern Family is a great show. I don't see it.

Jane Lynch is amazing, and definitely deserves an Emmy. And she's the only good part of Glee, so Bravo.

People tell me Big Bang Theory is a great show. I don't see it.

I long for the day when there is no longer a need for the category "Reality."

People tell me Nurse Jackie is a great show. I don't have Showtime.

A lot of Reality based competition shows involve taking a bunch of people who do the same thing for a living, and pitting them against each other in witty challenges. Top Chef, The Apprentice, Design Star, etc. I think they should continue this trend, but with ridiculous professions. Top Plumber. America's Top Accountant. So You Think You Can Run a 7-11.

Drama... do you give it to Lost in its final spectacular season, 24 in its final spectacular season, or House in just a spectacular season?

If Bryan Cranston won over Hugh Laurie THIS SEASON, he must have been orgasmically phenomenal. I've never seen "Breaking Bad." I never hope to see it. But one thing I can tell you now, I'd rather see than be it.

Jimmy Fallon needs to host EVERY SINGLE AWARDS SHOW EVER. If they can't book him, get Neil Patrick Harris. If they can't get either of them... just don't have the awards this year.

I guess the Tony Awards deserved some Emmys. I mean, they made a passable broadcast out of a complete absence of talented nominees. And of COURSE, it's not going to win best direction. Not with all the technical problems that happened.

I guess I should have expected that Tonight Show with Conan wouldn't win. But what's really disappointing is that everyone in Hollywood who voted missed a LEGENDARY opportunity. Imagine. Conan winning. ON NBC. When Leno's not even nominated. That speech alone would have been the greatest TV moment of all time. Close 2nd? Moon Walk. Imagine. Knowing that if he won that SOOOOOOO would happen. But, no. Instead, you resist that temptation and base it on merit. FINE.

I wonder if anyone ever impaled themselves or others on an Emmy award.

Did anyone else catch that as Al Pacino left the stage after receiving the Emmy for playing Jack Kervorkian, the band played "Killer Joe?"

The Nominees for Best Mini-Series are... That thing no one saw on PBS, or The Pacific. Hmmmm. What will win?

And my dream comes true.... Glee lost.

So... I guess I have to Netflix Mad Men, and Breaking Bad, and Modern Family, and Big Bang Theory, and Temple Grandin, and... I'm saying I'm apparently missing the greatest stuff on television. Instead I'm slumming it, watching True Blood, Entourage, How I Met Your Mother, 24, Lost, House, The Good Wife, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment