Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Haven't Blogged in a while.

courtesy of my blog: http://cjferrara.blogspot.com/

I haven't blogged in a while, so allow me to just drop a few random thoughts your way to catch up.

I realize that both last year, and this year, I tend to blog heavily from Jan to June, and then Sept to Dec. Summer blogs are relatively light. And that's the time that I have the most free time to write. There's only one explanation for this... I tend to blog in order to avoid work.

My best guess is that the writers of this year's Emmy awards telecast were being satirical. Their point seemed to be that awards shows are really stupid, so let's amp up the stupid in order to illustrate how stupid it is. Stupid opening scene, Stupid banter, Stupid voice over announcements when winners go up, stupid stupid stupid! One highlight: Freak Bill Macy!

Don't Ask Don't Tell ended today. For my thoughts on this issue, click here....  Just let me add my thoughts from this morning. It hit me... there are ALREADY gays in the military and they have been closeted. So in other words, the troops that politicians have been praising, and supporting, include the gay ones. Being in favor of DADT, is to say, "I support the troops, they're true heroes, except for the gay ones."

Can I just mention something.... President Obama can only create government jobs. Business owners can create real jobs. Tax cuts to business owners are a nice incentive, but ultimately, jobs are created when there is a demand for a larger workforce. If you can run your business with 2 people, you don't need to hire a third. No business owner in history has ever said, "I got a nice tax break, which leaves me with all this extra money. Let's add a few staffers." More likely they'll celebrate the added profit by buying stuff, or pocketing the cash. Now, the opposite IS true: If business is losing money, and they can't afford to have so many employees, they may be forced to cut. But the only thing that will create more work, is... more work.

Why is it that whenever I hear the president speak lately, all I can think about is "The American President?" Particularly the final speech?

It's now three weeks into the new school year, and I keep feeling like it's December, and my students are way behind. Then I remind myself, it's only September, and we're on track.

Through my bullshit filter, all I hear from the Republicans complaining about the HPV vaccine is... "How DARE you protect my daughter from cancer? You can't make me help keep my daughter healthy! If I want to put my 12 year old daughter at risk of contracting a virus that has been known to cause cervical cancer, then the government can't make me do otherwise. I have every right to be stupid!"

Sunday, I played in a band with some friends for their son's 1st birthday. We did kid's songs, and many original pieces. Last night I watched "The Sing-off." Today, I want to start a children's group, a band, and an a cappella group.

No comments:

Post a Comment