Monday, January 2, 2012

12 days of Christmas - Day 8

Once again, my true loves, it's time to celebrate the 8th day of Christmas. For this auspicious occasion, I give you 8 maids a-milking, that way, you can always have milk. I forgot to get you the cows, so you're on your own in that capacity, but still, Free milk!!!!

So, as you enjoy your leche, enjoy our number 5 favorite Christmas song, "Angels We Have Heard on High." This is best known for its chorus "Gloria In Excelsis Deo." Or as I jokingly call it, "Gloria in Excelsis Day-O." Everyone knows this song, but not everyone knows the title. They know the chorus, but not the verses. They know the melody, but few people know the harmonies. It's a true classic, and everyone loves it.

The number 5 worst piece of junk ever written for the occasion of the nativity used to be my favorite song, but then I grew up. Some people my age still think that this is a poignant, relevant piece for the ages, it's "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer." I never understood, as a kid, what my grandmother's problem with this song was. Now I get it, and so do all of you, apparently. It's stupid, offensive, and just plain redneck-y.

Tomorrow, BRING ON THE DANCING GIRLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously on "24"